Monday, January 26, 2009

Bedtime Stories Review

Hey there, it's me again!! :)

Today is the Chinese New Year, but sadly, my family doesn't celebrate it, so I didn't get any ang pao T_T... But that's okay, we still got a day off school... (yay!! XD)

At evening, me and my family went to Blitz Megaplex to see Disney's latest movie, "Bedtime Stories" My friends told me that it's funny, so I watched it... (I love romantic, comedy, and action movies, by the way... hehehe)



I didn't read the cast members of this movie, so I'm a bit suprised to see so many famous actor and actress while I was watching it...



1. Adam Sandler
The guy who played "The Click" and "I prounce you Chuck and Larry." He is a comedy icon... LOL... He played as Skeeter in this movie


2. Keri Russel
The woman that played as August's mother in the famous drama-musical movie, "August Rush." She played as Jill in this movie :)


3. Courtney Cox
Everyone who have watch the award winning comedy series, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, must've know her... He playes as Monica Geller, the cleaning-freak... LOL... She played as Wendy in this movie


4. Aisha Tyler
The girl that played as Charlie in the 9th season of F.R.I.E.N.D.S, hehehe... :D
She played as Donna Hyde, Skeeter's friend in college...


5. Russell Brand
He's the host of MTV's Video Music Award 2008. He played as Skeeter's best friend, Mickey, in this movie.


This story is about Skeeter (Adam Sandler), who's grandfather is the late owner of the hotel that he works for. Because of some money crisis, his grandfather sold the motel and now, it turned into the biggest hotel in that area... But now, even though he's the grandchild of the previous owner of that hotel, he's just an engineer...When Nottingham announces a brand-new gigantic hotel project, he makes his future son-in-law, base Kendall (Guy Pierce), manager, shattering Skeeter's dream. At the same time Skeeter's sister Wendy (Courtney Cox) has to leave town for a job interview and asks him to look after her two children Patrick (Jonathan Morgan Heit) and Bobbi (Laura Ann Kesling) with Wendy's responsible-minded colleague Jill (Keri Russell). He doesn't get along with either Jill or the children, but his easy-goingness loosens them all up and once he starts telling his bedtime stories, the children grow fond of him and begin to bring in their ideas about how the stories should go. When the stories turn out to become true in real life, Skeeter tries to manoeuver the stories into a direction which will make his dream come true, too.
Will his dreams to be the manager at the hotel comes true? Find out for yourself!!! :D

My Review :
A liked it a lot. From scale of one to ten, I would give it an 8... There are a lot of smart jokes in this film, and that's why I like it. This movie embrace the children's ability to imagine a world beyond their wildest dreams.. The 1 thing that I didn't like about this film is the opening part, From the first 20 minutes, I waited for the interesting part to comes out... It's quite long for a family movie... :( It turns a quite interesting point in the middle, where something unsuspected happens.. If u're looking for family funny, this movie will be great for you... But if you're looking for more excitement, maybe you should rethink about watching this movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment